Tuesday, January 22, 2008

IT'S REALLY NOT THAT EXCITING!!!

THE LATEST LATEST.

My parents came to visit me this past weekend and we went to Walmart and they got me a futon.














Before I had two butterfly chairs only. Butterfly chairs are cool and all but they're not great for watching movies with anyone you like and want to touch sometimes.





















This means watching movies in bed.

Traditionally, beds are places where people sleep and do it in the missionary position for the first time.














Couches are, tradtionally, for sitting on as hors-d'ouevres are passed around, spilling said hors-d'ouevres on, and repositioning cushions/flipping them over in hopes that no ones sees the mess you made when everyone else was busy laughing about how Obamarama is the new Bananarama and you choked and spewed blue cheese/red wine to the left of your left thigh because you hate when people say Obamarama like it's funny and were looking down trying to hide that fact and fit in.







While I think my parents have accepted the fact that it's not that I'd rather have a GIRLfriend, I sometimes think they wonder if my sister and I have rather high standards when it comes to potential male counterparts. Hilary has a steady boy now so all eyes are on me.






















I've been telling them that my life would be a lot less complicated with couch as segue to bed. I've been telling them that I could hang out on my couch with a crush on THREE DIFFERENT OCCASIONS before hanging out in my bed if I had a couch but otherwise, my crush and I can hang out on the butterfly chairs for THREE MINUTES and then move it to the desk and next think you know someone gets a cramp and off to bed we go and wouldn't it be nice if we could just be young and wait awhile??


















Maybe none of that ever happened or maybe it did, but it's true that couches are awesome for sexy teen makeouts















If you think I say "sexy teen" altogether far too much you should talk to my sister or her steady boy because they say it a lot more than I do and they're not even sexy teens anymore either.

The futon is big enough for a tall person to sleep on when it is opened up into bed-form.





















I like to incorporate this picture into my information superhighway travels as often as possible because it's totally awesome, like the airbrushed Skeet Ulrich picture I love so much but don't have the chutzpah to locate right now because this computer on the 9th floor of the Hall building at CON-U hates me.

My dad said "It really is QUITE big. Big enough for a REEEEAL snogfest." I could pretend that he never said that because it's maybe sort of dorky/embarassing but it was funny, and my parents aren't embarassing dorks actually, they are kind of awesome.

We had an incredible meal at this really cute French bistro, Le P'tit Plateau, on Marie-Anne at Drolet and I got this mushroom stuffed salmon that I would like to have again right now and for dessert, poached meringue with crème anglaise called FLOATING ISLANDS and here it is!













We drank good white wine and good red wine also.

It was cool I guess and I felt in a cool mood afterwards so I decided we should go to Korova and visit my old roommate Caroliner but she wasn't there because she was "on vacation" but I didn't know that because I haven't talked to her since we watched Degrassi last week and I cried and acted like I didn't want to ever see anyone again.

Then we went to Pistol and I was like "THIS IS MY FRIEND BEN VERDICCHIO!" and I really wanted a raspberry martini like I had there the night beFORE with my fave city slicker KATIE HERMON but then I remembered we had to eat something if we wanted a drink and we already ate LOTS of GOOD THINGS so that was that.

My dad was excited to tell his poker friends that he went "bar-hopping in Montreal" and my mom probably wasn't as excited but pretended to be because she's cool like that.

I watched this movie New York Stories on Saturday that is THREE LITTLE MOVIES directed by Martin Scorcese, Francis Ford Coppola and Woody Allen.
















I had watched our man Marty's contribution in my Feminism and Art History class on Thursday, where Nick Nolte is SUCH an artist and Rosanna Arquette is soooo over it and wants to be a great artist herself but suspects that Nick Nolte doesn't really give a fuck about her art afterall and maybe he had selfish perv intentions when hiring her as his live-in assistant that gets salary PLUS free LIFE LESSONS (the title of the vignette, written by Richard Price).















I liked Life Lessons and wanted to watch the rest and the second one was cute because Francis and wee Sofia Coppola made it together and you can tell that she was thinking about being a wee one in New York City with parents who are sometimes busy but maybe awesome anyways sometimes.

The kids in this one all had fancy clothes and really great Chanel accessories like really silly hats and there is a let's dress up in my mom's shit tea party scene that's cool but probably not as elaborate as the tea parties in Marie Antoinette which I haven't seen but I hear it's worth watching on mute while eating cake because it's a pretty movie.












The last one was Woody Allen starring WOODY ALLEN and Mia Farrow as engaged people being judged. Woody Allen has an overbearing yappy mother who doesn't think Mia Farrow is that great eventhough Mia Farrow is totally totally great.





















Oh hey there Marc Jacobs ad, RIGHT?!?!

What I watched was pretty funny I guess but sometimes it's annoying to hear Woody Allen whine if you're not in the mood to hear Woody Allen whine.












So I have yet to finish it but it also might have something to do with how I have a hard time watching Woody Allen and Mia Farrow together at a time when I know Mia Farrow thought Woody Allen was just really good friends with her adopted daughter.

Maybe I'm just sensitive or Aunt Flow is in town or whatever.
















Sunday is a great night for lame but awesome 13.5% red wine enhanced by TWIZZLER STRAWS and pizza and Jenga too with Youri and Georgia and BAILE FUNK that MADE THE JENGA FALL OVER because it was TOO EXCITED.




























Turns out Delisio pizza is not as cool as it seems on TV but I was like "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MOM I SAW IT ON TV!!!"














And so she bought it for me because it was just that kind of weekend.

Coolest part was when Youri and I went to Nathaniel's and ate more TWIZZLERS and I didn't say it out loud but Nathaniel does not just eat his Twizzlers, he twists them all funny without even really noticing and I thought it was really cool and copied him actually but didn't say so out loud.



















And Youri and Nathaniel played video games and I watched and I was lucky enough to dream in underwater video game format on Sunday night and it was the best and there were pirates too!














I'm going to Toronto any day now (Thursday) until Tuesday so that should be bright.















So I'll wear ski goggles!




















It's going to be my supercool friend Devin Atherton's birthday on Sunday so I guess that means cake.

When Devin was last in Montreal and it was Nathaniel's birthday and I was making Nathaniel a cake, Devin wouldn't let me get a chocolate cake mix, he made me get the vanilla one with rainbow dots because apparently a chocolate cake is a lame birthday cake so I'll keep that in mind but he'll be lucky if he gets any cake at all.
















And Happy Robbie Burns Day (FRIDAY!!!) to anyone that cares, especially Hans Zimnoch and my dad and Sean Connery too, I guess.

No comments: