Wednesday, December 26, 2007

NOT JUST FOR A GIRL...FOR A GUY TOO.

The summer of 1970 started out like any other...

GO CHRISTMAS!

It was a hit. As I said, the best gift is money and I got some. Not really, I mean I did, but it's not.













The best gift is time and showing people you love that you love them and I've been given lots of time to spend with my family, in Ottawa, and over the past couple of days in Kingston.





















Some of the time was probably given to me to work towards getting my driver's license, considering my learner's permit will expire in 2008...

I got it quite some time ago.
















However, the inability to drive has offered me far too many joke opportunities and I am not about to pass that up just so I can drive downtown when I'm in Ottawa to catch up with peeps at the Brig. BeSIDES, the poutine from that shack on York Street tastes like lettuce.

Boriiiiiiiing....
















WHASSUP?

Remember a time when mash-up was something ELSE?

Did anybody get turned onto Green Lantern's New York State of Mind mixtape four years ago or whenever and totally LOSE THEIR SHIT?!?!









I LOVED that mixtape. It was next shit to me. And I still think it's pretty dope.





















It doesn't matter than any Tom, Dick or Harry can do mash-ups nowadays. I can barely turn on a hairdryer (maybe because I blowdry my hair about 4 times a year) so I think all kinds of shit that probably isn't cool is awesome.





















I think THIS is awesome and that might anger some people, mainly music snobs.



The Strokes and the artist formerly known as X-tina Aguilera are both rock and roll in their own way.




















I recently rediscovered this cardio gem when I came across a CD entitled "THE RIZZ: Spring Break 2005".





















"The Rizz" is my brother Alexander Lachlan Young. Or so they tell me. The Rizz won BIGGEST FLIRT in high school.

















And he'd probably still win it today as he abides by the gospel of David Wooderson.
















"I get older? They stay the saaame age..."
















Geoff Heintzman? That's another story. Geoff looks like shit in a kilt. Geoff is practically married. Which is a blessing and a curse.

In that I'm blessed that my brother's best bro would never take any romantic interest in me because he is cursed with looks unlike that of a Greek GOD.






















This is my boy Dionysus aka Bacchus. He is the Greek God of WINE and ECSTASY.

This brings me back to a mythology class I took on the 4th floor of the Hall Building in 2006...

I wonder what my prof, "single and loving it" but destined to die alone (because she is romantically/sexually enamoured to an unrealistic degree with mythological figures), would think about my Greek God of-the-moment...Stavros Niarchos.






















Hey! Stavros! Easy on the Hilton! You have a shipping heir reputation to uphold!

SCANDAL IS A NEW THING!













Hmmmm....

Back to the mash-up from above, I listen to it at the YMCA.

I would never ever work out to Genie in a Bottle on its own and I would never listen to it otherwise (no offense, Noelle).





















Hard to Explain, that's another story. It rules, whenever, wherever. Like Shakira. Or so Katie and Noelle tell me. They like to talk about how Shakira's SPANISH LANGUAGE ALBUMS ARE OFF THE CHARTS (outside of North America). At least I think they do. I'm never sure. Because they're ALWAYS SPEAKING SPANISH.

I have nothing against X-tina Aguilera. Girl's got pipes, no doubt.

And I think she looks incredible on the cover of Marie Claire this month, all tanned and pregnant and sexy mom-2-be 'n shit.





















I just think that Genie in the Bottle is not her best work, although she won the Best New Artist Grammy for that album and wore a fun and flashy silver dress to accept it, and I respect flashy anything.


















Now I have to go and watch NOW AND THEN with my BROTHER AND SISTER.





















The kissing scene is coming up and if you knew how many times I've acted that out in my life, you'd probably lose your mind.





















Where were you in ninety-FIVE??

All I know, is that if anyone ever asks if they can kiss me while These Eyes is playing, I will definitely do it and that is a promise.


PRE-TEEN SENSATIONAL NOTIONS OF ROMANCE...
Nicola Jane Young

1 comment:

Noƫlle said...

hey girl, you in mtl? forgot to tell you i totes changed up my blogsie....it's now www.frascochico.blogspot.com
anyhoodle, how are you? whats your deal for new years? are you in trembs? email me noellelazaro@gmail.com love you!!!