Sunday, September 21, 2008

Do YOU remember...

THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE.

On the last day of summer, I make a point of telling anyone who cares that if they are catching feelings, well let it show. This way, you can "say that you remember dancing in September" and it will actually be true.

So love it out this evening with someone you crush on and get ready to keep one another warm come colder days.



I summoned my steady to come enjoy the last moments of sunshine on his roof, imposing myself in the midst of his household when he was totally busy and I knew that before I got there.

I fakestubbed my toe and yelped and so he came up eventually and then I was like "I was biking home and feeling emotional listening to Wilco, watching squirrels running free and I just had to come and enjoy this time here and write in my journal..."

And he told me it was a "HALLMARK HOLIDAY" and has been ignoring me ever since, eventhough the end of summer is totally a semi-medium-sized deal to me because it means we've weathered 3 seasons together and my romantic alliances normally last about as long as a bolt of lightning.

Sometimes this seemed magical but in retrospect I was like "Oh, lame."

3 comments:

Atherton said...

so am i an entire storm then???

a hurricane perhaps?

Anonymous said...

SUMMER IS OVER?

SLEAZY-E said...

YA SOFT DUKE