Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"BTW NICOLA, YOUR BLOG SUCKS RIGHT NOW."

OMG, THE INTERNET!

I never see this place anymore. Apparently, my miniature pretend computer is not compatible with the world at large. I mean it's really cute and everything, but it's kind of annoying when the idea was to be able to hang in cyberspace and do shit at school without waiting in line for a computer at the library. Something called LINUX should be something called WINDOWS. Ugh. So I've spent a lot of time at the CON-U library since the year 2004, right? I'm pretty sure the library computers give me scary flashbacks of essays gone by and I don't want to get square eyes again, right? Also, I feel that when I stare at a computer screen for too long (20 minutes +), I start to go blind. I guess I should just face the fact that I need glasses but instead, I avoid things that make me feel like I am going blind.















So this weekend I did nothing but study for an exam I just failed, and some other things too I guess, sort of. I went out for lunch with my dear friend Danielle and her dear friend/my future dear friend Mel at their favourite Indian restaurant, Bombay Mahal, on Jean Talon.














Then I accidentally stole some sparkly hairbands from a dollar store.























But the purple one broke later so I didn't feel that bad because maybe they weren't worth a dollar anyway. Except that I did feel a bit bad because of my big head.



















Then we went somewhere and ate a bunch of caramels. They smoked pot in the park in front of the biggest SAQ in the world and I ate more caramels than they did.


















Then they were stoned and I wasn't but we all agreed that we could smell a skunk which was weird because it was the afternoon and skunks love the nightlife.

Danielle and I decided it would be okay and maybe sort of cool to get sprayed by a skunk, because they don't smell bad anyways. Mel didn't think so. But I bet she thinks that they are cute, especially when they travel in pairs (and are the best of friends.)

Wow. It did not even occur to me to remember that skunk equals marijuana sometimes. GAWD. I am such a MOM. Have I completely forgotten what it's like to be "at that age"??

I probably call it "grass" sometimes too and the kiddies roll their eyes.

Soanyway. Pre-Bombay Mahal, I accidentally/purpose bought a green leather jacket and a tan suede one with fringe for a grand total of 8 dollars at a garage sale I happened upon.


They are really cool and if I knew anything about the camera I bought myself 1.2 months ago, I would take pictures and show you because it's ALL ABOUT ME and my keen fashion sense, which set me apart from the other slayers...

Other than that, I studied all weekend for an exam I just fucked up, but I'm over it and by that I mean I'm crying at the library and I don't even care!

I'm not ACTUALLY. I'm on the 9th floor of the hall building. Over here, they don't judge.

The most life-changing event of the past weekend is how on Friday, I went to Blockbuster with the intention of renting The First Wives Club because I wanted to feel closer to my sister in faraway Halifax who totally loves that movie. I felt that I was going to have a "re-stocking fee" (??) and I get lonely in my apartment sometimes all alone and sometimes I wish that I had a series of movies that I like to have as background noise and company, where I can do other shit and feel I'm not alone without actually having a friend over to hang out, god forbid. Movies that I don't really have to pay attention to but I like the sound of...and I still hear enough of what is going on to look up for first kiss or the make-up sex or the middle of the night basketball game in Love and Basketball, the one that knocks out Tyra Banks.














Okayyyyyy, Tyra Banks.

So I'm at Blockbuster browsing and I come across JUST FRIENDS for a penny or two over the cost of a rental. I have never seen this movie in its entirety and my sister gets really mad at me for falling asleep everytime she tries to make me watch what is apparently "THE FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER!"

Yeah, I'll admit it, I'm "one of those people that always falls asleep during movies." Did you hear the one about how I fell asleep during Oceans Eleven at the Rideau Centre? That's basically it.

So I decided to buy it so that when Hilary comes to visit me and is bored, she can watch and I can fall asleep.

Or when she and our childhood neighbour/oldest friend Emma Dickinson are going on and on about how Anna Farris is the shit, I can make a Just Friends reference and fit in for once because I love that movie too, you guys.

Or I can pretend that last time she tried to make me watch and I fell asleep, I was ACTUALLY awake but it just LOOKED like I was asleep, you know? Like, I'll make references to the ENDING and she'll be all "How do you know, you passed out! As USUAL..." and I'll be all "Well, see the thing IS..."

I also bought SAY ANYTHING, which I had never seen before. It's probably old news to everybody but John Cusack is sooooooooooo cute in that movie! I LOVE him! And I've never really felt that way about him before. He's endearing, sure, I mean I get why Laura chose him in the end of High Fidelity, but I also get why they all found him sort of annoying.

Basically, I've always enjoyed his presence in a I'm Joan Cusack and he's my annoying brother kind of way, but never really wanted to give a smooch like I did this time.

I felt he and I were more platonic. Like me and Nicolas Cage. I love the sound of Nicolas Cage's voice. I would really like it if on lonely night, I could be kept company by that movie where he and Bridget Fonda split the lottery and Rosie Perez whines, while I do other shit and look up for the really romantic parts.























Anyway, my life has changed because I felt really good inside when John Cusack played the song they first made love too in the rain, outside her window on the boombox. He must have really loved her because those things were pretty heavy!


It made me feel the dreamy aftermath of a hot fresh innocent Cinnabon date in grade 10 and that's a great way to feel.




















Oh, I almost forgot! A tongue in cheek picture for Evan, who thinks I wrote too much last time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i adore thee.
now gimme your postal code, ho.

Sarah Tone In said...

yes.
that post was reminding so
much of my sister Katie - and
then you mentioned her favorite
movie of all time and the reason
she's been obsessed with Cusack for all these years now. Her blog is :
fanglifegem.blogspot.com

check'er'out there bud.

I hear what you say about staring
at the screen. but we need you here in bloggerville it's so ghost town boon ville w/out you.

Atherton said...

smother on that blog sauce for me and the girls.

Anonymous said...

now that i gave you a blog tutorial you should handle the link situation and put me up in that gyyyaaaal.

alliypal said...

i'm pretty sure that lottery ticket movie is called it could happen to you. i have no explanation as to how i know that except that i've watched too much tbs in my lifetime.

also, i don't know how you wrote a paragraph about leather jackets followed by a paragraph about buffy the vampire slayer the movie staring kristy swanson and DIDN'T mention the YELLOW LEATHER JACKET that hilary swank told buffy was "sooooo 5 minutes ago" but then went ahead bought anyway.