Sunday, September 27, 2009

OUT 2 BRUNCH, BABY.

Somewhere between more and most importantly, comes the question "Have you seen the Gap guys right now??" My bestie-best Katie and I were having a semi-heart-to-heart at this time yesterday in Toronto over a stellar Mexican breakfast at a place La Hacienda, when it occurred to me to interrupt her as visions of my favourite danced through my head. To my great satisfaction, she was keen to take that detour with me, in exclamation of "Oh my god, I KNOW!"

I'm not sure why I sauntered into the Gap on Bloor in the first place on Friday...wait, yes I do, it had something to do with how the Oxford shirt wearing fellow I'd been knocking boots with was just not that into the Love's Baby Soft perfume I purchased when left to my own overly nostalgic devices in the garden of Eden that is Honest Ed's on Wednesday. I bought it because it was two dollars and it was the first perfume I paid money for when I was 11 or so and deeply under the influence of YM magazine. I imagined it would smell like underaged girls, and the noses of three boys I questioned about it came to overwhelming conclusion that Love's Baby Soft is not something I should smell like at the ripe old age of 24. Last time I sauntered into the Gap, they had inoffensive eau de toilettes for the sampling, and I thought it would be nice to smell like something clean and fresh yet midtwenties-ish?? As it were, no such scents were to be found, but I was faced with an army of identically 6 foot nined billboards and my knees got so weak I had to leave.

On this rainishy Sunday afternoon that is today, I vowed to unfold the fold-up army that came in last month's ELLE and have another look at the one that really got me, which isn't to say that the Davidoff Cool Waterish guy is yours for the taking.

Soanyway, he's the one in the blue t-shirt and Authentic jeans.





















He's got more mischief than our boy Davidoff, no?? Turns out he has a name too!

"Noah Mills."

With any luck, my galpal who's knocked boots with some Jean-Paul Gaultier posterboy will find her way into those Authentics, if not that other galpal who always seems to be trysting with someone google-imageable...

Our man of the hour doesn't translate as well through cyberspace as he does in real-life (read: 6 foot nined billboards) and it turns out if you google-image him some less than what I'm into representations of the man come up.

For example...how is this the same person??





















Can we really take this out to Sunday brunch??





















The answer is, he was probably like 12 in this picture so YES WE CAN.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

jesus i can't believe he's the same guy! the pink undies photo is the worst!

Unknown said...

what about these guys

http://cliffroles.com.previewyoursite.com/Quickstart/ImageLib/Paul_Reiser,_Peter_Falk,_1.28.05.JPG

Cybo said...

that gap boy is two scoops of delicious. he is worthy of a lazy sunday afternoon (brunch included) the last pic he looks like a douchebag but i'm still into it, but im not feeling the outfit, is it avant garde or something?