Friday, September 18, 2009

WHAT'S UP, FRIDAY?!

To start things off, the latest e-mail from my dad, entitled WHAT A VARIED LIFE WE LEAD.

Well, the peony talk was riveting. The best thing was hearing about a new Ito peony called Hilary. It looked very nice. No doubt they are working on a Nicola as we speak. Then we went to Shopper's to buy bus tickets for me. Then we ate a bowl of popcorn and tried to watch TV not too successfully because we could not get some of the channels to work. Ok bye Pxoxox

In case you didn't know, my sister's name is Hilary and I am known to be jealous of her on occasion so this is funny.

I decided to venture back on here as I waited for a call from my #2 dentist's secretary...

I made an appointment back in May for September 24th and the joke at the time that went on for as long as September seemed far away, was that "the only thing I know about my future is that I have a dentist appointment on September 24th", as people tend to ask you a lot about your future when you finally graduate from university.

I happen to be loving this sense of not knowing what is to come in a big way.

In the past few months, all kinds of good shit has happened unexpectedly and I'm pretty sure I'm truly happier than I've been in years.

This is first September since I sauntered into Therèse's junior kindergarten class in 1989 that I haven't been in school. I will always remember that morning, hearing the friendly voice of the woman that would turn out to be the mother of the girl that would turn out to be my best friend for years to come, and being surprised to see she had strawberry blonde hair, when for some reason I had expected it to be black from the sound of her voice. I sat with my new friend Manat on the bus on the way home, and I showed her the Little Mermaid changepurse I had received on my 4th birthday a couple of weeks before; clear plastic with water inside it with sparkles you could shake around to heighten the magic of Ariel's daydreams. I was the last on the bus that day, as I had forgotten to get off at my stop with my brother sometime before Manat got off last and I was left truly last. It was lucky it turned out that way because I had no time to be afraid.

Anyway, I'm working two jobs which works out to 6 days a week for the most part and I'm happy about this. I feel for the first time in forever that I haven't any catching up to do. Of course there's always something to improve upon and a future to be pondered, but I don't feel any immediate stress right now which is unfamiliar and fantastic. I know I won't always scoop ice cream and work at a dep and I know that I will eventually continue with school, be it in a year or two and a half.

WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, YES WE DO.

Housewarming HAUS PARTY at my new pad tonight, and the presence of one of my nearest and dearest, my beloved Katie Hermon. I'm looking forward to the company of people I enjoy in the warmth of walls that are orange and a lime green bathroom with no fan.

More to come on upcoming fun with Hollerado and what the hell is wrong with everyone except me and Kweku in regards to knowing the difference between BOYZ II MEN and ALL 4 ONE.

To be fair, another nearest of dearests that I'm going to go dish with later this afternoon totally knows what's up on the ALL 4 ONE front. Alas, Danielle Taylor was not there to be on our side at Trivia Night at Grumpy's last Sunday when the whole bar was wrong except us and it certainly didn't end in justice. Before we knew it, someone used iphone as VERB and it was definitely time to get the hell out of there. That said, it was fun to see off our Australian friend Adam that night, and I sealed it with an eskimo kiss (I don't know the politically correct name, sorry) and would you believe that three weeks ago Adam had never even had an eskimo kiss?? It was the funniest, I made him close his eyes so I could give him one and he scrunched up his face like an ewgross four year-old. IT WAS PERFECT. So was summmer, see you next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my gurl, how wonderful it was to see you