Saturday, April 18, 2009

MONTREAL, JE T'AIME...

Around this time last year, I had just finished school and I had a garage sale with Alison and Dane at Henri-Julien and Prince Arthur and made like 80 dollars and I also went to Dairy Queen for the first time that spring which is always a big event and it was also an important weekend in history because I remember stopping in on Maryam studying on her balcony on Sunday afternoon and I was like oh what happened by your eyebrow and she said oh that's a zit and well I don't think Maryam had a zit before or since so history stops there.

One time Heidi Klum said, "I had a zit once...I think it was 1993." Now that is funny.





















I believe I bought my brother the Sport Illustrated Swimsuit calendar the year of this photoshoot.

I believe I questioned my sexuality a fair bit in the year of the 1998 Swimsuit issue...I think the year was 1998??




















Heidi, Heidi, Heidi...oooh, you wreck me (baby).

Gilles Peterson has done it again with the All Winners 2009 episode, love on that Radio1 hot shit yo.

LONG LIVE TOM PETTY!





















I fell in love with Ed Burns when Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers did the whole soundtrack to She's The One.












I thought Walls was pretty much the greatest song to be attracted to Ed Burns to.

Speaking of big hearts crushing towns, I did a social experiment last night sort of. Well I thought I'd do something small that would make me feel good and then see if anyone noticed.
















I met Katie for a drink (and grilled cheese) at Pistol and I hadn't seen her for more than three months so of course there were giggles and tears over the course of it all and I think she said something about me having a big heart and she also said "You have a sticker on your shirt." Some people think heart stickers are a waste of space and that is too bad.

I love Katie. Danielle and Mel and Chrissy were at the table next to us for Danielle's sister Andrea's birthday and her sister Kristen was there too in white jeans and she pulled it off like she was Farah Fawcett the same week as the red swimsuit pic...





















Hmmmm...this image seems to have lost its fire today [but generally I think of it fondly.]

I brought fortune cookies knowing Andrea's birthday crew would be in our midst, but anyway, I knew Howie would make my grilled cheese so I made sure he got a fortune cookie and then it was cool when he came and joined me later and said "Hey, your heart is on your sleeve!" and that was what I'd hoped someone might say and THEN the "There is a true and sincere friendship between you both" fortune was there on the table between us and you know how I love stuff like that.

You know what? I don't care if it's corny but Montreal is always looking out for me. When I got hit by a car and everything flew off course, that wasn't Montreal's fault...

Montreal, what a challenge you are! But you love me long time!

What I mean is that I've lived five winters here and I've been in the depths of despair sometimes but there is always something in this city to surprise me and pick me up when I am down, be it running into friends that fill my summers or just...stopping.
















I should probably do a "Let me count the ways..." series because I see a lot of uplifting shit when I keep my eyes open.

Sometimes there's even cool stuff on the ground!
















Seeya!

3 comments:

Faux Verdi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Tone In said...

sure, it was a sticker, but technically you had a heart on.

a heart on.

you had a heart on!

My next tatoo is going to be the outline of a heart on my shoulder. because I wear my heart. on. my. sleeve!

Noƫlle said...

who doesnt love a juicy rack? hot picks of whoever the fark that is...ho are you? i mean how are you? im the ho...hahah!