Sunday, July 5, 2009

NAME THAT CHOON

The following jam has some funny noises that some of you might hate and think are really cheesy and lame but the fact of the matter is, I had this song in my head without being able to place it for well...probably between when I brushed my teeth at 1:57 am and got in bed around 2:08 am and fell asleep around 2:18 am (glory of all glories for someone who couldn't sleep like a normal person for like 3 months straight.)

Today on my bike ride to my yoga class on Parc, I tried really really hard to remember it and it left me as all frustrating thoughts should during the class itself but the struggle continued until after I moisturized after my shower and made plans to make sangria with Kweku about 38 minutes from now.

In my head it sounded housey and the only lyric I could think of was HEEPOLAYLAY. I decided to google that noise with "house" at the end of it.

"hipolele house"

Came up with some stuff about something called hip-hop?? Ale house?? EN TOUT CAS.

I decided it must fit in somewhere between 2001 and 2003. Dimitri from Paris??  I used to really dig that noise.

〔Why did the font just change and have mondohuge spaces between words??〕

I found that it came from Dimitri from Paris After the Playboy Mansion album, which was a poolside backyard staple when I was 17.

It's actually called Ibo Lele .

Here is the version I was looking for, by Jephte Guillaume



And here is a song by the same name from the Philedelphia soundtrack.


In relation, this is another blast from the past.

1 comment:

Sarah Tone In said...

that is NOT a blast from the past
for me.. I listen to it like
3 times a week.

the guy outside actually did
just say "wile out"

maybe he is BUGG IN!