Sunday, July 26, 2009

THE POOR MAN'S BROOKE SHIELDS

Just got back from a fantastic scary movie I saw with my long-lost friend from high school Evan Miller.

I'm definitely a gasper and a screamer when it comes to scary movies, a coverer of eyes and ears, a hugger of her own knees and a terrified grabber of neighbours' thighs. This was no exception.

I ran into Evan in the early evening at the bookstore where I was buying a pretty notebook and a Dennis Lee book of poetry called SO COOL (about the trials and tribulations of being a teen). Evan was on his way to catch a flick at Fantasia and invited me to join his alone self for the it starts in fifteen minutes show at Concordia. So onward we went and HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS, it was the scariest thing ever and in this totally terrifying slow way that is not what I've experienced in most of my (admittedly limited) scary movie watching career. Isn't there usually a bloody murder within the first seven and a half minutes?? This was so scary even before anything gruesome happened, and nothing gruesome happened for quite a while. And then when it did, OH MY GOD. Here's the trailer.


It was a perfect end to an awesome weekend. We talked about what's the deal with fixed gear bikes sans breaks (the deal equals no deal kids, they're silly), how we're going to make it happen as writers (top secret, y'all), this long-forgotten cult that was all the rage in the spring of grade 10 (thanks to me and Katie and some ballpoint pens and pentagrams), and how music is fun and Evan will be rocking out on Thursday and I will be rocking out on Friday with Hollerado and the Uplift Choir that is seriously so much fun so far you guys, seriously. Evan told me he's been in this band Whiskey Trench since May and I was like no way, I used to make out with the drummer years ago, how crazy is that. Not as crazy as some other way fun coincidences that have thankfully plagued me as of late.

[IN RELATION NOTE: Their show is on Thursday at Escogriffe.]

More on that later?? For now I leave you with the poor man's Brooke Shields.






















Nice try, Michelle Johnson.

Michelle Johnson, you''ll never Suddenly Susan in this town again/ever, Michelle Johnson.

PEACE OUT, MICHELLE JOHNSON!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Tone In said...

ew|!

really.

um, yeah was stoked to watch that
preview but it had been removed "due to terms of use"

Milind said...

nice pic.Christmas Text Messages