Wednesday, November 4, 2009

GIRLS ARE SOFT.

I wrote the following on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

I just tried on a new perfume, l'Air du Temps. Caroliner was getting rid of it a few months ago and I decided the bottle would look nice with my perfume bottle collection on my cake stand. Never tried it though and today seems like as fine a day as any.
























It was to be followed by some more talk of Love's Baby Soft, the perfume I had bought in Toronto a couple of weeks before, only to realize as I had suspected, that it smelled a bit like underage. As aforementioned, I think I bought it when I was 11.

(FUN FACT: Hannibal Lecter smells l'Air du Temps on Clarice and how disgusting is that.)

The ads are just as pretty ridiculous as they were 3.3 weeks ago.

























Holy yuck, right?! She looks 13 (and a half...??)

At least this one looks a little more like she wants to dress up as a school girl. But isn't actually a schoolgirl.
















She looks like she could be an older sister character in from out of town on the Partridge Family. Jersey City, anybody??

This one is just funny because it's like "hey, lose it on prom night if you know what's good for you, kid." Whereas teen mags today are full of "you totally don't have to lose it on prom night, you know..." bullshit.





















BULLSHIT!! Everyone knows you gotta lose it by graduation.

No but seriously you guys, there was an article in the Globe and Mail a couple of weeks ago where this sex therapist was saying that "14 may be young to lose it but if you haven't had sex by 20, well that's too old."

This is of course, ridiculous. As my sister Hilary said in response to this jibber jabber, "You should only have sex when you want to have sex and you should not have sex when you don't want to have sex." This extends beyond the v-card thing to life in general! DUH!

In the other hand (yup, I went there), if you haven't masturbated and had an orgasm by 20, well that's too late. Not too late like your time has come and gone but too late like hop to it get a move on, don't be shy between your own thighs, you guys.

On that note, welcome to November, and have a great day.

(Click it for the BIG PICTURE!)

No comments: