Wednesday, March 18, 2009

BRAND NEW TRUCK, BUTTERSOFT SEAT...

Hey, did you guys hear it's going to rain today??

Me too!/So what!?



The "when I look at you" here refers to me checking myself out in the mirror, last night's eye-makeup and all, and saying "2 point 2 more weeks of class, don't blow it, you can do it! You're pretty..."

SIDENOTE: Considering that I loathe "ST. PATTY'S DAYYY!!!", the "last night's eye-makeup" is more likely to refer to Sunday when I accidentally went to Korova in my gym clothes out of peer pressure and my friend Sara decided it was a good idea to give me Amy Winehouse eyes first.




















And Evan bought us a bit too much whiskey, but it was cool because Mike Chui was there and I love running into Mike Chui and telling him all my secrets and dreams and sometimes dancing with him because he is SUCH A FUN DANCER.
















It has been said for some years now, that Mike Chui will photograph my breasts before they lose their chutzpah. Let's hope it's not too late, but if so, there's always that plaster bust my friend Jake made of my rack when I was on the verge of 19...a bust that would later disappear, supposedly into the hands of his younger brother...

Anyway, I've been heavy into Bill Withers lately, Stevie Wonder, Erykah Badu, and Jill Scott. Even when they talk about downer times, I'm uplifted.

[SEE ABOVE: for Winehouse totally biting Badu's trademark. "Amy! You got the rat's nest! And the silly eyes! Don't go biting other peep's shit!"]

Talking Book, for example, has been my best friend when I'm sad and lonely, but also dear to me in times of summer sun and happiness.
















It's pretty much the best ever, and if I gave it to you on vinyl when I was 19, consider yourself crushed-on.

Once in 2005, my number one honey love city gurl Katie Hermon and I went to see Jill Scott at Metropolis and it was THE BEST. We were just radiating sunshine when we left...so obviously we strolled 3 doors down and caught THA ALKAHOLIKS. What fun that was!














Yeah, we're coooooooooool, yo......

I miss you babygurl...come back to Montreal and we'll a find a cute place that I'll let you help me not destroy with an over-abundance of Lionel Richie and things I think are art, like 10 000 pieces of gum rolled into a ball (that smells DELICIOUS!) or two lonely clementines that have shrunken to the size of (small) robins eggs, or a chinese food box full of strangers' phone numbers.















Now I'm going to do some sun salutations with some Life Brand exfoliating face mask on my face. My mom got it for me for Christmas, I mean it was Santa he put it in my stocking. Cool!























Coolest thing to happen in the future is dinner partying with Danielle Taylor tonight, she who works at least 3 jobs always, and volunteers at Moksha and does an hour and a half of yoga everyday and has the sweetest legs and fantastic bum and the greatest personality and she's way pretty too. And she like, NEVER gets to hang. So that's cool...and then we're going to karaoke and Melle Mel and I are going to sing DREAMS!

Then maybe some Skee-lo??

I can't embed the actual video, so go watch it because it's so totally incredible.

I ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE CD WHEN I WAS 10.


I should probably learn to do links or something, right??

Whatever, seeya!

No comments: