Thursday, March 12, 2009

JORDAN CATALANO WHO/FOR MY SISTAS

Just got back from a romantic dinner with my girl Ayan, she who wined and dined me like she was straight crushin'...

It's kind of like we're doing a sweet little dance, because first I met her after class and gave her a white lace Road to Avonlea-ish dress and this really fantastic purple plaid belt that I picked up while cruising all the shops I never go to on St. Denis last Saturday when my mom came to hang with me and drink wine and eat sushi and talk about life.





















You know how when you live in a city with lots of cool shopping, you can get sort of over it (and poor??) and just watch Season 1 of 90210 over and over and over again??


















When people come to visit, they always want to "go shopping!" and then I remember that there are lots of sweet little shops around the corner from me that are fun even just for looking.

I found this store that has leather bags that are remakes of 1920s postal delivery bags from Paris in 1921. They are the size of a large envelopes and they are buttery delicious-smelling leather with POSTES embossed on them and they are really just so beautiful and I wish that I could have one but they are SOMETHING LIKE THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS.

Anyway, I met Ayan after class because our art history classes are right next door to one another and I gave her a present because I think she's the best and then she was like GIRL WHAT IS YOU SAYIN, LET ME TAKE YOU OUT.

Last night I ordered Boustan with my girls Dani "The Deej" Jackson and Melle Mel, and I didn't know they deliver because I've only ever gotten Bouston when I'm at work and I work like a stonesthrow away from Bouston so I never even thought to ask them to deliver. Although I'm sure they would... Thing is, Mr. Boustan is so incredibly charming and funny that if you're having a bad day and you weren't even hungry, you could go and order a vegetarian pita instead of going to see a rom-com and you would feel much better, even better if you gave your pita to that guy with the glasses and black hair that always has a cardboard sign telling you he needs beer because he's alright.














So after we dished and dismissed our worries, we went to Cock & Bull, where we united with a motley crew of Dani Jackson fans, there to send off The Deej into the deep unknown of Vancouver...where we know lots of kind and fun people who will welcome her and invite her over to play Duck Hunt. (Big ups to Maryam and Sarah Allan!)




















Maryam moved back to Vancouver LAST week and also it's her birthday, MARYAM IS TWENTY-FIVE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYAM!!!





















So it was karaoke night, so I sang You Oughta Know to get the party started and it was kind of incredible and some of my very favourite ladies were there and then I got swayed into entering a karaoke contest that takes place in the next few weeks, with a grand prize of like a thousand dollars!














Not that I will win, but there are like 7 runners up with the minimum cash prize of 75 bones which is fun if it's yours, and if you don't win, you get like, a bunch of beer and cheesy t-shirt so everybody wins!

I'm glad I went to karaoke because I didn't really feel like it earlier that evening and then I felt girlpowered out.

I sang CRUISIN' with Dani Jackson and it was pure love.


We shut the place down with Young Turks, the best part being that I had registered as Kimberly Stewart. (Weird, just found out me and K.S. have the same birthday! Also if you cared to notice, the Weezer video I posted yesterday is from a live performance from August 21st also!!)





















Also, Dani sang A Long Walk as the night drifted away and I was mesmerized...


I was right at the stage touching her fingertips like I was the number one fan...considering I was the number one fan.

Then I said, "Dani, let's take a long walk home together..." and everybody laughed and then I said "What?? Let's! I mean we're going in the same direction!"

I know that's not the funniest thing in the world, but it's cool when you realize your sense of humour is still around, when you had feared it was frozen 'til summer...





















I was pretty sure Dani's friend Arnie's friend Dwayne was Busy's brother from Ready or Not but he said it wasn't true (but he was lying.)









Then Cody from Degrassi Next Gen walked by and he and Arnie were like SUP because they have a class together and then Dwayne was like "YOU'RE FROM DEGRASSI! WHAT HAPPENED?! DIDJA GET FIRED?!?!"

And Cody laughed it off and said, "Hey, I gotta learn!"






















I think that Cody liked our rendition of Young Turks like nobody else in the room, so GOD BLESS DEGRASSI!












This is for my sister, for reminding me that one day Angela Chase woke up and she was okay afterall...

No comments: