Saturday, March 28, 2009

KITTENS.

I came across this on my ipeezie yesterday among these Nova Tunes compilations I downloaded and I was like "Oh shit, I love this song! What does it remind me of? Scotland? Austria??" and I decided upon investigation that it must have been something Ashley Bickerton and I watched on TV when we were in small town in Austria called BADEN in the year 2000.



In the year 2004, when I moved to Montreal, I was really into Derrick Carter and Mark Farina as I bring up from time to time when I remember how awesome they are to get shit done to...and I remember my first Saturday here I went to see Dimitri from Paris at what is now known as HOUSE but it used to be called LIVING...

I bought his Playboy Mansion CDs at HMV in the Rideau Centre after school when I was 16 and then I probably went and got a bean burrito at Taco Bell because they were only a dollar and twenty-eight cents.

Also amidst the Nova jams, I found this song by Markus Nikolai that I have never heard before but shit, is it ever cute!

And here is a Derrick Carter remix that I can't really hear as different but whatever, go Derrick Carter, you've helped me make my way to some apartment cleanliness on many occasions...

Also, the internet is cool because it made me remember buying the August 2003 issue of Muzik magazine when I was in Scotland that summer and I got this free CD that I really had fun with.













Anyway, it's long gone so if anyone wants to buy me that CD, it doesn't cost that much.

Or maybe I could download it?? Maybe! I'm really just learning how.

Also, I magically downloaded and have been listening to Bebel Gilberto when Gilles Peterson inadvertently reminded me of how pretty I thought this song was when I was 15...


You think it's terrible?? Well, I think it's lovely to sit under a tree to when there's a summer breeze...

And you can't deny the girl has got some good genes going for her...


Did you know my mom's name is Astrid? Isn't it pretty?? I think it is. So does Mansa, when she was 11 she wanted to name her daughter Astrid. Maybe she doesn't anymore, but hey Mansa, that's cool.

Oh yeah, sexy old men. Maybe next time, bye!

Okay, well here's the ultimate. He's no old fogie, but he IS older than Astrid Killike Paidra. What a cool name though, right?!

Anyways.

Hi Jeff Goldblum. How are you??





















Yeah, sure, see you at the beach, no problem.

















I'll wear my blond wig, it goes great with saltwater. Don't worry, Jeff Goldblum, I'm on top of it.

Jeff Goldblum, did anyone ever tell you...you're so...TALL... What's it like up there? Can I come??

















Alright, you think about that, Jeff Goldblum, I'll be waiting on line 2.

Also, Jeff Goldblum loves girls in their 20s.

You heard it here first.

GODSPEED. Or whatever suits your fancy.

No comments: