Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SIGNS OF LIFE!!!

It still smells like new car in here! So many possibilities!





















New car is a smell that is both unsettling and exciting, no??





















It's like "Well this smells funny and not like that comfy shitbox with 10 year old kleenex boxes under the seats and the broken tape player that only plays one tape because it's stuck."
















But...it's also like "Yeah, but this smell means roadtrip because no one I know is buying a new car and I don't even know how to drive so this is cool because I just get to sit in the back and read trashy magazines and let my hair blow in the wind!"
















Ayan! You are driving!
















How do you feel about renting a brand-new one of these??





















Excellent! Pick me up at 8, I'll buy breakfast.










So last time I wrote here I was stoked on a really fun January with my steady.















I joked in a carefree manner with smooth sailing undertones...


















Shortly thereafter, a skeleton would fall out of the closet, which is sometimes a bummer and in the case, yes, it was a bummer.






















Love can make you idealize someone, which may not be ideal considering no one is perfect, but nevertheless, love can do that.

















Here's the thing about finding a skeleton in the closet. You think, "Maybe I can just shut the door and surround myself with stuffed animals and go back to sleep like it's no biggie! I mean, it wasn't Andre the GIANT'S skeleton! It was more like that of an Oompa Loompa..."






















Besides, if there are more unexpected guests, you can just make them into scarf and sell it to young Hollywood!


















Easier said than done...and then it's like, "If you want to destroy my sweater..."



Anyway, February was not that fun or funny, so I didn't really feel like writing.














Devin asked me why I never blog anymore which struck me as a silly thing to say if it were a genuine inquiry...












I write when I have funny thoughts, when I am happy and when I can find humour in situations that are not necessarily happy or funny. This last month proved pretty hard to navigate.



















Cream eggs are delicious and I am glad that I had some bestowed upon me in recent weeks, but cream eggs are like a gateway drug...













You see, you want a cream egg, and you get one. Then you get another and you're like "Sweet, another cream egg!" but then you start to wonder if even all the cream eggs that bunny rabbit lays would make you feel better, really...

Maybe?? Probably??? Let's see!

It would take a really serious bunny.





















And they are few and far between...

I honestly don't follow blogs with regularity, but I know that some people really dish their innermost turmoil, in the spirit of misery loving company. And you can go hang out there if you know where those blogs are but I am keeping this vague and lighthearted because then I can get on with more funny things.

What the heck is this blog about anyway?? I know that it's basically about nothing with some reference to my life...I guess when I think about it, I hope that when someone raids this fridge they never leave feeling like life is a major bummer.




















Today I went to my favourite yoga class that I haven't been to in forever, mainly because when someone you love moves to where you are and rarely if ever has to wake up early, you can get in the habit of sleeping in and forget that you don't even like sleeping in that much.





















When I was on the elliptical at the Y this morning, I overheard the following exchange between the man next to the woman next to me and the woman next to me (both in their early 70s).

"You smell good! You smell like orange blossom water!" he said.

"Oh, thank you" she giggled.

"You do, you're like a Greek pastry!" he gushed.

I could feel her blush and it was the best.


As I looked out the third floor window at the corner of Saint Viateur and Parc, the day seemed to be warming up. Everything felt different than the last time I remember really registering that corner (in mid-June), but it was a different that I could roll with, whichever way the wind blows.



















And roll with it I will. See you soon!

No comments: