Monday, March 30, 2009

TACO NIGHTMARE.

Oh my gosh, WOW.

Apparently, when my brother and sister and I all graduate in June (I hope??), we will be spending a week with our very kind and generous parents in possibly the most cutest little yellow house ever.














I can't even believe how sweet and cheerful this little yellow house is.

This will be the first time we have gone on a voyage together as a family in years, and probably the last time such a thing will happen for years to come.

How about I won't even say where it is and you can just pretend it's wherever you would dream such a yellow house would suit you best for a week of reading and writing and Scrabble and rippled potato chips...and quite possibly, enough bickering to shut up the crickets.

I would never want to do that though, for the sound of summer crickets is something magical you can't often hear living in an apartment in the city.

And here we have the parallel universe version of the little yellow house on my beloved Drolet...

The purple one!






















Next up, tomorrow night the karaoke contest begins at Cock & Bull.



















What should I start with? What are you kids feeling??

The contest involves 3 bars with 12 contestants each, and every week one person is eliminated until there are 4 left at each bar and then we showdown for the big money...$1000! There are like 8 cash prizes though, and the weakest one is 75 bones so maybe I could win that maybe and pay my phone bill or buy you guys some chicken wings or whatever. St. Hubert anyone? Anyone??

So yeah, Wednesdays at Cock & Bull are karaoke night, and anyone can sing but only I can compete because I payed 20 dollars to be part of this special moment in history. Well me and eleven others and not you. Unless you are one of the other 11 people in it to win it.

So! Let's hope I make it past round one, and after that I might try and put pressure on the general public to get their vote on or vote or die or just stay home and eat Doritos, who cares.
















Envayz. It's virtually impossible to find evidence of P. Didd's VOTE OR DIE campaign from oh four right now...I guess since he started it, he can't really escape it, but everyone else can just pretend it never happened and that peace signs will save America.

So here are some gay Doritos.





















Who knew?!

So I think that I will probs go with "You Oughta Know" tomorrow night because I tried and trued it, plus Beyonce is apparently all over that shit on tour so angst is very now right now I guess.

Look out for the very best part which is when she doesn't say "FUCK", she does something ELSE. [Thank you for the hot tip Caroliner.]


If I get beyond the first round I might have to get into some Melissa Etheridge and quite possibly take up Ariel on last night's suggestion.


And by the way? Yup, I caught a unicorn on my way home from yoga, which is pretty incredible if you know a thing or two about unicorns.
















I also saw a panther and got three fantastic shots of it but I don't feel like scaring anyone on a Tuesday by letting them know there really are panthers in the Plateau that will maybe eat you, especially since there were no good snacks in the recycling today...
















Ha! Nice try, 4000 Drolet!

Aiight I'm audi 5000, POYCE!

P.S. They switched recycling, it's today not tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sarah Tone In said...

yes. I am guessing that yellow house is near PEI somewhere. or nova scotia. we have sorta parallel families. i have the month of July off so come with me to see Mary J at the blues fest and then find a lake near almonte